Hello Nir,

I think I was not clear in my explanations, let me try again :

we have a oVirt 4.0.5.5 cluster with multiple hosts (centos 7.2).
In this cluster, we added a SAN volume (iscsi) a few months ago directly in GUI
Later we had to remove a DATA volume (SAN iscsi). Below the steps we have taken
:

1- we migrated all disks outside the volume (oVirt)
2- we put volume on maintenance (oVirt)
3- we detach volume (oVirt)
4- we removed/destroyed volume (oVirt)

In SAN :
5- we put it offline on SAN
6- we delete it from SAN

We thought this would be enough, but later we has a serious incident when log
partition went full (partially our fault) :
/var/log/messages was continuously logging that it was still trying to reach
the SAN volumes (we have since taken care of the issue of log space issue =>
more aggressive logrotate, etc)

The real solution was to add two more steps, using shell in ALL hosts :
4a - logout from SAN : iscsiadm -m node --logout -T iqn.XXXXXXXX
4b - remove iscsi targets : rm -fr /var/lib/iscsi/nodes/iqn.XXXXXXXXX

This effectively solved our problem, but was fastidious since we had to do it
manually in all hosts (imagine if we had hundreds of hosts...)

So my question was : shouldn't it be oVirt job to system "logout" and "remove
iscsi targets" automatically when a volume is removed from oVirt ? maybe not,
and I'm missing something?

cordialement, regards,

Nelson LAMEIRAS
Ingénieur Systèmes et Réseaux / Systems and Networks engineer
Tel: +33 5 32 09 09 70
nelson.lamei...@lyra-network.com

www.lyra-network.com | www.payzen.eu

Lyra Network, 109 rue de l'innovation, 31670 Labège, FRANCE