On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 6:12 PM, Adam Litke <ali...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 10:19 AM, Gianluca Cecchi
> <gianluca.cec...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>> currently I have a cluster of 3 hosts where each one has FC SAN
>> connectivity to 4 LUNs: 3 are already configured as storage domains (1TB,
>> 2TB, 4TB), one is free, not allocated.
>> See here for screenshot:
>>
>> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvRVZZMTlNcTQ5MGs/view?usp=sharing
>>
>> At the moment the command "multipath -l" run on hosts shows all the 4
>> LUNs.
>>
>> Now I want to do 2 things at storage array level:
>>
>> - remove the 2TB storage domain LUN
>> - remove the 20Gb LUN not yet allocated
>>
>> What is the correct workflow, supposing I have already emptied the 2TB
>> from VM disks ad such?
>> Select 2Tb SD, then Datacenter subtab, then "maintenance", detach" and at
>> the end "remove"?
>

> Yes, these should be your first steps.
>

>> I think I continue to see 4 LUNs at this point, correct?

We do not manage devices, so this must be performed manually by
the system administrator.

To remove devices, you have to:

1. On the storage server, unzone the devices so the host(s) will not see them
    This must be done before you remove the multipath device and
paths, otherwise
    vdsm will discover the device again during the periodic scsi/fc rescans.

2. On all hosts ,remove the multipath device and the underlying scsi devices,
    as explained here:

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Storage_Administration_Guide/removing-path-to-storage-device.html

Nir