Hello,

Not sure it is the same issue, but we have had a "major" issue recently in our
production system when removing a ISCSI volume from oVirt, and then removing it
from SAN. The issue being that each host was still trying to access regularly
to the SAN volume in spite of not being completely removed from oVirt. This led
to an massive increase of error logs, which filled completely /var/log
partition, which snowballed into crashing vdsm and other nasty consequences.

Anyway, the solution was to manually logout from SAN (in each host) with
iscsiadm and manually remove iscsi targets (again in each host). It was not
difficult once the problem was found because currently we only have 3 hosts in
this cluster, but I'm wondering what would happen if we had hundreds of hosts ?

Maybe I'm being naive but shouldn't this be "oVirt job" ? Is there a RFE still
waiting to be included on this subject or should I write one ?

cordialement, regards,

Nelson LAMEIRAS
Ingénieur Systèmes et Réseaux / Systems and Networks engineer
Tel: +33 5 32 09 09 70
nelson.lamei...@lyra-network.com

www.lyra-network.com | www.payzen.eu

Lyra Network, 109 rue de l'innovation, 31670 Labège, FRANCE