On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 12:45 PM, Sahina Bose <sab...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 3:18 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cec...@gmail.com
> > wrote:

>>> Which version of glusterfs do you have running now? With glusterfs>=
>>> 3.9, there's a reset-brick command that can help you do this.
>>>

>> At this moment on my oVirt nodes I have gluster packages as provided by
>> 4.1.2 repos, so:
>>
>> glusterfs-3.8.13-1.el7.x86_64
>> glusterfs-api-3.8.13-1.el7.x86_64
>> glusterfs-cli-3.8.13-1.el7.x86_64
>> glusterfs-client-xlators-3.8.13-1.el7.x86_64
>> glusterfs-fuse-3.8.13-1.el7.x86_64
>> glusterfs-geo-replication-3.8.13-1.el7.x86_64
>> glusterfs-libs-3.8.13-1.el7.x86_64
>> glusterfs-server-3.8.13-1.el7.x86_64
>> vdsm-gluster-4.19.15-1.el7.centos.noarch
>>
>> Is 3.9 version of Gluster packages provided when updating to upcoming
>> 4.1.3, perhaps?
>>

> No, it's not. One option is to update glusterfs packages to 3.10.

Is it supported throughout oVirt to use CentOS Storage SIG packages instead
of ovirt provided ones? I imagine you mean it, correct?

If this is a case, would I have to go with Gluster 3.9 (non LTS)
https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2017-January/022249.html

Or Gluster 3.10 (LTS)
https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2017-March/022337.html

I suppose the latter...
Any problem then with updates of oVirt itself, eg going through 4.1.2 to
4.1.3?

Thanks
Gianluca

> There's an RFE open to add this to GUI. For now, this has to be done from
> command line of one of the gluster nodes.

Ok. Depending on answer related to version of Gluster to use, I will try it
In the mean time I have completed steps 1 and 2 and I'm going to read
referenced docs for reset-brick command

Thanks