> On 15 Feb 2018, at 15:58, John Taylor <jtt77...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Nicolas,
> I had the same problem and it looked like it was because of some older
> vms (I believe from 3.6) that were configured with console with video
> type of CIRRUS and protocol VNC.

3.6 had cirrus indeed. That should work. Can you somehow confirm it was really
a 3.6 VM and it stopped working in 4.2? The exact steps are important,
unfortunately.

> Tracing it out it showed that the vm  libvirt xml was begin set to
> headless.

do you at least recall what cluster level version it was when it stopped
working? The VM definition should have been changed to VGA when you move the VM
from 3.6 cluster to a 4.0+