At this point I'm wondering if there is anyone in the community that
freelances and would be willing to provide remote support to resolve this
issue?

We are running with 1/2 our normal hosts, and not being able to add anymore
back into the cluster is a serious problem.

Best regards,


***
*Mark Steele*
CIO / VP Technical Operations | TelVue Corporation
TelVue - We Share Your Vision
16000 Horizon Way, Suite 100 | Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
800.885.8886 x128 | mste...@telvue.com | http://www.telvue.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/telvue | facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/telvue

On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 12:53 PM, Mark Steele <mste...@telvue.com> wrote:

> Yaniv,
>
> I have one of my developers assisting me and we are continuing to run into
> issues. This is a note from him:
>
> Hi, I'm trying to add a host to ovirt, but I'm running into package
> dependency problems. I have existing hosts that are working and integrated
> properly, and inspecting those, I am able to match the packages between the
> new host and the existing, but when I then try to add the new host to
> ovirt, it fails on reinstall because it's trying to install packages that
> are later versions. does the installation run list from ovirt-release35
> 002-1 have unspecified versions? The working hosts use libvirt-1.1.1-29,
> and vdsm-4.16.7, but it's trying to install vdsm-4.16.30, which requires a
> higher version of libvirt, at which point, the installation fails. is there
> some way I can specify which package versions the ovirt install procedure
> uses? or better yet, skip the package management step entirely?
>
>
> ***
> *Mark Steele*
> CIO / VP Technical Operations | TelVue Corporation
> TelVue - We Share Your Vision
> 16000 Horizon Way, Suite 100 | Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
> 800.885.8886 x128 <(800)%20885-8886> | mste...@telvue.com | http://
> www.telvue.com
> twitter: http://twitter.com/telvue | facebook: https://www.
> facebook.com/telvue
>
> On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 2:32 AM, Yaniv Kaul <yk...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>>
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 11:14 PM, Mark Steele <mste...@telvue.com> wrote:
>>
>>> We are using CentOS Linux release 7.0.1406 (Core) and  oVirt Engine
>>> Version: 3.5.0.1-1.el6
>>>
>>
>> You are seeing https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1444426 ,
>> which is a result of a default change of libvirt and was fixed in later
>> versions of oVirt than the one you are using.
>> See patch https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/76934/ for how it was fixed, you
>> can probably configure it manually.
>> Y.
>>
>>
>>>
>>> We have four other hosts that are running this same configuration
>>> already. I took one host out of the cluster (forcefully) that was working
>>> and now it will not add back in either - throwing the same SASL error.
>>>
>>> We are looking at downgrading libvirt as I've seen that somewhere else -
>>> is there another version of RH I should be trying? I have a host I can put
>>> it on.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ***
>>> *Mark Steele*
>>> CIO / VP Technical Operations | TelVue Corporation
>>> TelVue - We Share Your Vision
>>> 16000 Horizon Way, Suite 100 | Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
>>> <https://maps.google.com/?q=16000+Horizon+Way,+Suite+100+%7C+Mt.+Laurel,+NJ+08054&entry=gmail&source=g>
>>> 800.885.8886 x128 <(800)%20885-8886> | mste...@telvue.com | http://
>>> www.telvue.com
>>> twitter: http://twitter.com/telvue | facebook: https://www.facebook
>>> .com/telvue
>>>
>>> On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 3:31 PM, Yaniv Kaul <yk...@redhat.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Feb 16, 2018 6:47 PM, "Mark Steele" <mste...@telvue.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Hello all,
>>>>
>>>> We recently had a network event where we lost access to our storage for
>>>> a period of time. The Cluster basically shut down all our VM's and in the
>>>> process we had three HV's that went offline and would not communicate
>>>> properly with the cluster.
>>>>
>>>> We have since completely reinstalled CentOS on the hosts and attempted
>>>> to install them into the cluster with no joy. We've gotten to the point
>>>> where we generally get an error message in the web gui:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Which EL release and which oVirt release are you using? My guess would
>>>> be latest EL, with an older oVirt?
>>>> Y.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Stage: Misc Configuration
>>>> Host hv-ausa-02 installation failed. Command returned failure code 1
>>>> during SSH session 'root@10.1.90.154'.
>>>>
>>>> the following is what we are seeing in the messages log:
>>>>
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 vdsm-tool: libvirt: XML-RPC error :
>>>> authentication failed: authentication failed
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 libvirtd: 2018-02-16 16:39:53.761+0000:
>>>> 15231: error : virNetSASLSessionListMechanisms:390 : internal error:
>>>> cannot list SASL mechanisms -4 (SASL(-4): no mechanism available: Internal
>>>> Error -4 in server.c near line 1757)
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 libvirtd: 2018-02-16 16:39:53.761+0000:
>>>> 15231: error : remoteDispatchAuthSaslInit:3411 : authentication
>>>> failed: authentication failed
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 libvirtd: 2018-02-16 16:39:53.761+0000:
>>>> 15226: error : virNetSocketReadWire:1808 : End of file while reading data:
>>>> Input/output error
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 vdsm-tool: libvirt: XML-RPC error :
>>>> authentication failed: authentication failed
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 libvirtd: 2018-02-16 16:39:53.962+0000:
>>>> 15233: error : virNetSASLSessionListMechanisms:390 : internal error:
>>>> cannot list SASL mechanisms -4 (SASL(-4): no mechanism available: Internal
>>>> Error -4 in server.c near line 1757)
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 libvirtd: 2018-02-16 16:39:53.963+0000:
>>>> 15233: error : remoteDispatchAuthSaslInit:3411 : authentication
>>>> failed: authentication failed
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 libvirtd: 2018-02-16 16:39:53.963+0000:
>>>> 15226: error : virNetSocketReadWire:1808 : End of file while reading data:
>>>> Input/output error
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 vdsm-tool: libvirt: XML-RPC error :
>>>> authentication failed: authentication failed
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 vdsm-tool: Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 vdsm-tool: File "/usr/bin/vdsm-tool", line
>>>> 219, in main
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 vdsm-tool: return
>>>> tool_command[cmd]["command"](*args)
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 vdsm-tool: File
>>>> "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/tool/upgrade_300_networks.py",
>>>> line 83, in upgrade_networks
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 vdsm-tool: networks = netinfo.networks()
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 vdsm-tool: File
>>>> "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/netinfo.py", line 112, in
>>>> networks
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 vdsm-tool: conn = libvirtconnection.get()
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 vdsm-tool: File
>>>> "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/libvirtconnection.py", line
>>>> 159, in get
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 vdsm-tool: conn = _open_qemu_connection()
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 vdsm-tool: File
>>>> "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/libvirtconnection.py", line 95,
>>>> in _open_qemu_connection
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 vdsm-tool: return utils.retry(libvirtOpen,
>>>> timeout=10, sleep=0.2)
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 vdsm-tool: File
>>>> "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/utils.py", line 1108, in retry
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 vdsm-tool: return func()
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 vdsm-tool: File
>>>> "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 105, in openAuth
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 vdsm-tool: if ret is None:raise
>>>> libvirtError('virConnectOpenAuth() failed')
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 vdsm-tool: libvirtError: authentication
>>>> failed: authentication failed
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 systemd: vdsm-network.service: control
>>>> process exited, code=exited status=1
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 systemd: Failed to start Virtual Desktop
>>>> Server Manager network restoration.
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 systemd: Dependency failed for Virtual
>>>> Desktop Server Manager.
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 systemd: Job vdsmd.service/start failed with
>>>> result 'dependency'.
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 systemd: Unit vdsm-network.service entered
>>>> failed state.
>>>> Feb 16 11:39:53 hv-ausa-02 systemd: vdsm-network.service failed.
>>>> Feb 16 11:40:01 hv-ausa-02 systemd: Started Session 10 of user root.
>>>> Feb 16 11:40:01 hv-ausa-02 systemd: Starting Session 10 of user root.
>>>> Feb 16 11:40:01 hv-ausa-02 systemd: Started Session 11 of user root.
>>>> Feb 16 11:40:01 hv-ausa-02 systemd: Starting Session 11 of user root.
>>>>
>>>> Can someone point me in the right direction to resolve this - it seems
>>>> to be a SASL issue perhaps?
>>>>
>>>> ***
>>>> *Mark Steele*
>>>> CIO / VP Technical Operations | TelVue Corporation
>>>> TelVue - We Share Your Vision
>>>> 16000 Horizon Way, Suite 100 | Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
>>>> <https://maps.google.com/?q=16000+Horizon+Way,+Suite+100+%7C+Mt.+Laurel,+NJ+08054&entry=gmail&source=g>
>>>> 800.885.8886 x128 <(800)%20885-8886> | mste...@telvue.com | http://
>>>> www.telvue.com
>>>> twitter: http://twitter.com/telvue | facebook: https://www.facebook
>>>> .com/telvue
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Users mailing list
>>>> Users@ovirt.org
>>>> http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>
_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@ovirt.org
http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/listinfo/users

Reply via email to