The first thing you will need to change for such a test is the number of simultaneous connections accepted by the Apache web server: by default the max is 256. See the Apache documentation here:

  https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mpm_common.html#maxrequestworkers

In addition I also suggest that you consider using the "worker" multi-processing module instead of the "prefork", as it usually works better when talking to a Java application server, because it re-uses connections better.