On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 8:13 PM, Shawn Southern <shawn.south...@entegrus.com
> wrote:

> I'm now using Intel AMT and the wsmancli package to reboot/power off/power
> on my entry level systems... but now I want oVirt to use this for fencing.
>
> I created 3 xml files: powercycle.xml (uses PowerState 10), poweron.xml
> (uses PowerState 2) and poweroff.xml (uses PowerState 8).  Here is the
> poweroff.xml file:
> org/wbem/wscim/1/cim-schema/2/CIM_PowerManagementService">
> addressing"
>             xmlns:wsman="http://schemas.dmtf.org/wbem/wsman/1/wsman.xsd";>
>     <wsa:Address>http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/
> addressing/role/anonymous</wsa:Address>
>     <wsa:ReferenceParameters>
>       <wsman:ResourceURI>http://schemas.dmtf.org/wbem/wscim/1/
> cim-schema/2/CIM_ComputerSystem</wsman:ResourceURI>
>       <wsman:SelectorSet>
>         <wsman:Selector Name="CreationClassName">CIM_
> ComputerSystem</wsman:Selector>
>         <wsman:Selector Name="Name">ManagedSystem</wsman:Selector>
>       </wsman:SelectorSet>
>     </wsa:ReferenceParameters>
>
> I can then reboot or power on/off the server with:
> wsman invoke -a RequestPowerStateChange http://schemas.dmtf.org/wbem/
> wscim/1/cim-schema/2/CIM_PowerManagementService -h [AMT IP] -P 16992 -u
> admin -p [amt password] -J /fencing/poweron.xml  (or poweroff.xml, etc).
>
> My question is, how do I move from this to using this for fencing in oVirt?

‚ÄčAt the moment oVirt doesn't officially support AMT as fence agent. But
I've just looked that on CentOS 7 we already have fence-agents-amt-ws
package, so please try to install fence-agents-amt-ws package and test if
it's working for your server‚Äč.

If above agent is working fine, then please take a look Custom Fencing
oVirt feature [1], which should allow you to use fence_agent_amt_ws agent
in oVirt. Am I right Eli?

Regards

Martin

[1] https://www.ovirt.org/develop/developer-guide/engine/custom-fencing/