From: Martin Perina <mper...@redhat.com>
Sent: May 15, 2018 4:20 AM
To: Shawn Southern <shawn.south...@entegrus.com>; Eli Mesika
<emes...@redhat.com>
Cc: users <users@ovirt.org>
Subject: Re: [ovirt-users] Custom Intel AMT fencing question

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 8:13 PM, Shawn Southern
<mailto:shawn.south...@entegrus.com> wrote:
I'm now using Intel AMT and the wsmancli package to reboot/power off/power on
my entry level systems... but now I want oVirt to use this for fencing.

I created 3 xml files: powercycle.xml (uses PowerState 10), poweron.xml (uses
PowerState 2) and poweroff.xml (uses PowerState 8).  Here is the poweroff.xml
file:
xmlns:p="http://schemas.dmtf.org/wbem/wscim/1/cim-schema/2/CIM_PowerManagementService";>
            xmlns:wsman="http://schemas.dmtf.org/wbem/wsman/1/wsman.xsd";>

<wsa:Address>http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing/role/anonymous</wsa:Address>
    <wsa:ReferenceParameters>

<wsman:ResourceURI>http://schemas.dmtf.org/wbem/wscim/1/cim-schema/2/CIM_ComputerSystem</wsman:ResourceURI>
      <wsman:SelectorSet>
        <wsman:Selector
Name="CreationClassName">CIM_ComputerSystem</wsman:Selector>
        <wsman:Selector Name="Name">ManagedSystem</wsman:Selector>
      </wsman:SelectorSet>
    </wsa:ReferenceParameters>

I can then reboot or power on/off the server with:
wsman invoke -a RequestPowerStateChange
http://schemas.dmtf.org/wbem/wscim/1/cim-schema/2/CIM_PowerManagementService -h
[AMT IP] -P 16992 -u admin -p [amt password] -J /fencing/poweron.xml  (or
poweroff.xml, etc).

My question is, how do I move from this to using this for fencing in oVirt?

​At the moment oVirt doesn't officially support AMT as fence agent. But I've
just looked that on CentOS 7 we already have fence-agents-amt-ws package, so
please try to install fence-agents-amt-ws package and test if it's working for
your server​.

If above agent is working fine, then please take a look Custom Fencing oVirt
feature [1], which should allow you to use fence_agent_amt_ws agent in oVirt.
Am I right Eli?

Regards

Martin

[1] https://www.ovirt.org/develop/developer-guide/engine/custom-fencing/