Glad you got into it and got it working. Not sure why it keeps unpausing, could
open a bug if you wanted.

Yep, the engine-setup is on the engine vm itself, not the hosts. You want
https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/self-hosted/chap-Maintenance_and_Upgrading_Resources/

<https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/self-hosted/chap-Maintenance_and_Upgrading_Resources/>,
 although if you aren’t running the appliance in the first place, I don’t think
it all applies. Just log in and run yum update or yum update ovirt* and then
engine-setup again.