hello,

On 7/29/20 6:33 PM, shadow emy wrote:
> I had a similar problem, after i migrate the disk from a "Storage Domain"  to
> a second "Storage Domain"  the disk size was different and i could not start
> the vm anymore.
> The Ovirt error was : "Unable to get volume size for domain"
> Somehow gluster has some errors when i migrate disks and the disk have
> different size.
> What i did was to disable  performance.stat-prefetch for the gluster volume(I
> read it has some bugs if is enabled in gluster 7.x)

thanks for reply. In my case it loks like I have not
"performance.stat-prefetch" enabled...

[root@ovirt-hci01 ~]# gluster volume info vms

Volume Name: vms
Type: Replicate
Volume ID: ba5fd3b8-0704-4462-8257-94b77a1222c4
Snapshot Count: 0
Number of Bricks: 1 x 2 = 2
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: 10.0.4.13:/gluster_bricks/vms/vms
Brick2: 10.0.4.11:/gluster_bricks/vms/vms
Options Reconfigured:
performance.client-io-threads: off
cluster.eager-lock: enable
performance.io-cache: off
performance.read-ahead: off
performance.quick-read: off
user.cifs: off
network.ping-timeout: 30
network.remote-dio: off
performance.strict-o-direct: on
performance.low-prio-threads: 32
features.shard: on
storage.owner-gid: 36
storage.owner-uid: 36
transport.address-family: inet
storage.fips-mode-rchecksum: on
nfs.disable: on
cluster.self-heal-daemon: enable

...well, If it is not a default setting... so I set it off...

[root@ovirt-hci01 ~]# gluster volume set vms performance.stat-prefetch off
volume set: success

...and unbeliavable, it works now!

Is it bug in glusterfs 7.6-1.el8 (link?) or something else?

Should not be this setting default one?

> Also try to look at Disk Snapshots, see if you have a snapshot that does not
> exist.
> In my case i had this snapshot problem after migration  and i had to delete
> the snapshot from the database and set the main image disk id as default in
> the vm.

I have no snapshots of this vm. I just created new vm and try to install
it from ISO.

> Maybe in you case is different.

Well, it was exactly this case, thanks!

Cheers,