Ugh.. this is bad.

On the hypervisor where the files are located ...

My customers send me tar files with VMs all the time.   And I send them.
This will make it much more difficult, if I can't import xml / qcow2

####

This cluster .. is my home cluster and so..  three servers.. and they were
CentOs 7 + VDO + Gluster...  I use to have link qemu directory from all
three on gluster so if one server died .. or I messed it up and it was
needing repair... I could still start up and run the VMs.

Old cluster notes:

 Optional: Redirect Default KVM VM Storage location.  Ex:  /data/gv0/vms
on thor

# <<<<< Broken with HCI.. not sure process here yet….. hold off till oVirt
HCI engine issues worked out on how it enables new VM definitions to be
shared if one or more nodes goes down  2020-09-17 >>>>

#  Pool default XML configuration edited.

virsh pool-edit default

<pool type='dir'>

  <name>default</name>

  <uuid>d3ae9e9a-8bc8-4a17-8476-3fe3334204f3</uuid>

  <capacity unit='bytes'>37734498304</capacity>

  <allocation unit='bytes'>27749486592</allocation>

  <available unit='bytes'>9985011712</available>

  <source>

  </source>

  <target>

#   <path>/var/lib/libvirt/images</path>

    <path>/data/gv0/vms</path>

    <permissions>

      <mode>0711</mode>

      <owner>0</owner>

      <group>0</group>

    </permissions>

  </target>

</pool>

#  For now each KVM host has shared folder linked.  Not sure how with out
restart of libvirtd to get peers to easily see configuration file. Can run
import command but need to test.

# To enable multiple KVM nodes in a shared environment to be able to take
over the roles of peers in the event of one failing the XML files stored in
/etc/libvirt/qemu/  need to be on a shared device.

# Ex:  Move medusa /etc/libvirt/qemu/   to be on gluster share volume space
/data/gv0/vms/medusa

systemctl stop libvirtd

mkdir -p /media/vmstore/qemu

mv -f /etc/libvirt/qemu/* /media/vmstore/qemu

ln -s /media/vmstore/qemu /etc/libvirt/qemu

systemctl daemon-reload

systemctl start libvirt-guests.service

systemctl enable libvirt-guests.service

systemctl status libvirt-guests.service

As I tried to use setup of engine it became apparent, my manual use of
libvirtd setup was NOT going to be any way helpful with oVirt way of using
it...  Ok... I can learn new things..

I had to backup and remove all data (see other post about errors for HCI
wizard failing if it detected existing VDO volume)...  So I moved my four
or so important VMs off to an external mount.

I now need a way to bring them back.  I really can't spend weeks rebuilding
those infrastructure VMs.  And I don't have a fourth server to rebuild
hosting KVM system to import and then with oVirt to LibVirt connection..
slurp vm out.
Plus.. that means anytime someone sends me a tar of qcow2 and xml..  I have
to re-host to export..  :P

--
jeremey.w...@gmail.com