Have you tried to upload your qcow2 disks via the UI ?
Maybe you can create a blank VM (same size of disks) and then replacing the
disk with your qcow2 from KVM (works only of file-based storages like
Gluster/NFS).

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov

В понеделник, 21 септември 2020 г., 09:12:09 Гринуич+3, Jeremey Wise
<jeremey.w...@gmail.com> написа:

I rebuilt my lab environment.   And their are four or five VMs that really
would help if I did not have to rebuild.

oVirt as I am now finding when it creates infrastructure, sets it out such that
I cannot just use older  means of placing .qcow2 files in folders and .xml
files in other folders.... and they show up on services restarting.

How do I import VMs from files?

I found this article but implies VM is running:
https://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/virt/KvmToOvirt.html
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_virtualization/4.1/html/administration_guide/sect-adding_external_providers#Adding_KVM_as_an_External_Provider

I need a way to import a file.  Even if it means temporarily hosting on "KVM on
one of the hosts to then bring in once it is up.

Thanks
--

penguinpages