On 10/14/20 3:30 AM, Benny Zlotnik wrote:
Jeff is right, it's a limitation of kernel rbd, the recommendation is
to add `rbd default features = 3` to the configuration. I think there
are plans to support rbd-nbd in cinderlib which would allow using
additional features, but I'm not aware of anything concrete.

Additionally, the path for the cinderlib log is
/var/log/ovirt-engine/cinderlib/cinderlib.log, the error in this case
would appear in the vdsm.log on the relevant host, and would look
something like "RBD image feature set mismatch. You can disable
features unsupported by the kernel with 'rbd feature disable'"

Thanks for the pointer! Indeed, /var/log/ovirt-engine/cinderlib/cinderlib.log has the errors that I was looking for. In this case, it was a user error entering the RBDDriver options:

2020-10-13 15:15:25,640 - cinderlib.cinderlib - WARNING - Unknown config option use_multipath_for_xfer

...it should have been 'use_multipath_for_image_xfer'.

Now my attempts to fix it are failing... If I go to 'Storage -> Storage Domains -> Manage Domain', all driver options are unedittable except for 'Name'.

Then I thought that maybe I can't edit the driver options while a disk still exists, so I tried removing the one disk in this domain. But even after multiple attempts, it still fails with:

2020-10-14 07:26:31,340 - cinder.volume.drivers.rbd - INFO - volume volume-5419640e-445f-4b3f-a29d-b316ad031b7a no longer exists in backend 2020-10-14 07:26:31,353 - cinderlib-client - ERROR - Failure occurred when trying to run command 'delete_volume': (psycopg2.IntegrityError) update or delete on table "volumes" violates foreign key constraint "volume_attachment_volume_id_fkey" on table "volume_attachment" DETAIL: Key (id)=(5419640e-445f-4b3f-a29d-b316ad031b7a) is still referenced from table "volume_attachment".

See https://pastebin.com/KwN1Vzsp for the full log entries related to this removal.

It's not lying, the volume no longer exists in the rbd pool, but the cinder database still thinks it's attached, even though I was never able to get it to attach to a VM.

What are my options for cleaning up this stale disk in the cinder database?

How can I update the driver options in my storage domain (deleting and recreating the domain is acceptable, if possible)?

--Mike