On 7/1/2021 8:06 AM, Nir Soffer wrote:
But note that oVirt uses the advanced virtualization stream, providing
libvirt 7.0.0 and qemu-kvm 5.2.0:
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/8/virt/x86_64/advanced-virtualization/Packages/q/

Looking in Rocky packages, this is not available yet:
https://download.rockylinux.org/pub/rocky/8/AppStream/x86_64/os/Packages/

To replace Centos as the production OS for oVirt, the community must also
rebuild advanced virtualization.

You can try to use Rocky and pull in the advanced-virtualization repo from
Centos as a temporary solution.

Ugh. Thanks for letting me know.  That's a *BIG* fly in the ointment right there.  I noticed that Alma doesn't do it either. In fact, I don't even see it in the Oracle Linux repository even though it must be there somewhere because I know they have their own 'RHEV' clone.

I would prefer to stay away from CentOS Stream for the virtualization platform.   The RHEL product itself would be a perfect solution, but it's rather costly if just using it for a virtualization host OS, and there are surprisingly no education discounts.  I have to see if Rocky will eventually provide it, or see if I can get internal funding for RHEL.

Jason.