Il giorno mer 29 nov 2023 alle ore 18:19 Fabrice Bacchella <
fabrice.bacche...@orange.fr> ha scritto:

> August 2024 is very close if we are talking about a migration.
>
> oVirt is very nice and powerfull, but if there isn’t enough maintainers it
> is doomed.
>
> I would recommend reading
https://blogs.ovirt.org/2022/02/future-of-ovirt-february-2022/ and
https://lists.ovirt.org/archives/list/users@ovirt.org/thread/HEKKBM6MZEKBEAXTJT45N5BZT72VI67T/

For what it's worth, I started rolling out an oVirt 4.5.5 release with all
the changes introduced in 2023 (and already available if you're using
nightly repositories as suggested, so no big news other than perhaps making
life easier to first time users).

If there's enough interest within oVirt users community, there are ways to
keep the project alive even with Red Hat phasing out (hiring developers
directly or sponsoring through a foundation ; dedicating time and resources
internally ; hiring consultants for fixing specific issues and so on).
The alternative as you suggested is to migrate to some other virtualization
system and let the project gracefully die.

--

Sandro Bonazzola

MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING

Red Hat In-Vehicle Operating System

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>
<https://www.redhat.com/>

*Red Hat respects your work life balance. Therefore there is no need to
answer this email out of your office hours.*