Am 15.10.2016 um 02:05 schrieb js...@gmx.net:
Hi Tilman,

thank you for your quick reply. I just can't follow at all???

As an example I would like to start with the example "HelloWorld.java", which should give me the pdf-File "HelloWorld.pdf".
To make it easy I start with the commandline-tools.
The only one that is creating a pdf is "PrintPDF".

When I use it as:
|java -jar pdfbox-app-2.0.2.jar ||TextToPDF [||] HelloWorld.pdf HelloWorld.java

|I get the the printed java listing as a pdf.

Yes.

But what should I use as |[OPTIONS]|? The compiled HelloWorld.class...

No, these are command line tools, and these are the options:

Usage: jar -jar pdfbox-app-x.y.z.jar TextToPDF [options] <outputfile> <textfile>

  -standardFont <name> : Helvetica (default)
                         Courier-Bold
                         Courier-BoldOblique
                         Times-Roman
                         Helvetica-Oblique
                         Courier-Oblique
                         Symbol
                         Times-Italic
                         Helvetica
                         Helvetica-Bold
                         Times-BoldItalic
                         ZapfDingbats
                         Times-Bold
                         Helvetica-BoldOblique
                         Courier
  -ttf <ttf file>      : The TTF font to use.
-fontSize <fontSize> : default: 10 -landscape : sets orientation to landscape

If you want to develop software yourself, you need an IDE (e.g. Netbeans, Eclipse, IntelliJ) and then use the .java program I mentioned and the libraries. (coincidentally, the *app.jar can be used too)

My tests with |PrintPDF| where also frustrating...

What happened?

I am really just lost.

What is your experience in java software developing? I'm just asking to be sure that I don't write too much. But if you just started, then it will be tough...

Tilman

Thank you