Hello Tilman,

What is your experience in java software developing? I'm just asking to be sure that I don't write too much. But if you just started, then it will be tough...
My experience in developing is small. I've been managing a big java-app for >10years. But there I add or modify classes and do very few new developement (on Eclipse Standard/SDK Luna Service Release 2).
I use quite alot the Apache.poi to generate ExcelExports.

For testing I use often cmd like this batch:
goJavaCandRun8.bat HelloWorld
--------------------------------
echo off
set fileName=%1
echo das java program : %fileName%
set JAVAPATH="C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_65\bin"
cd C:\Users\jsail\Desktop\javatest\j8

echo "compile"
%JAVAPATH%\javac.exe -cp ".;pdfbox-app-2.0.3.jar" %fileName%.java

echo "run"
%JAVAPATH%\java -cp ".;pdfbox-app-2.0.3.jar" %fileName%

echo open
cmd /c %fileName%.pdf /e

echo %fileName%

TIMEOUT /T 5
But on 'HelloWorld.java' and 'CreateLandscapePDF.java' throws the error: main class not found.
(Fehler: Hauptklasse HelloWorld konnte nicht gefunden oder geladen werden)
The compiling seems to be ok

I tried also to run it on my IntelliJ IDEA (Community Version), but there this error occured: Error:(30, 34) java: package org.apache.commons.logging does not exist (Error on pdfBox 2.0.3) Error:(20, 23) java: package junit.framework does not exist (Error on pdfBox 2.0.2 and 1.8.12) As the folder-structure is not clear for me, I stopped testing on my IntelliJ IDEA...

Do you know, if there is a projekt aviable, where all the examples can be tested?

Thank you for your patience