Am 15.10.2016 um 13:55 schrieb Joseph Tanner:
Hello Tilman,

What is your experience in java software developing? I'm just asking to be sure that I don't write too much. But if you just started, then it will be tough...
My experience in developing is small. I've been managing a big java-app for >10years. But there I add or modify classes and do very few new developement (on Eclipse Standard/SDK Luna Service Release 2).
I use quite alot the Apache.poi to generate ExcelExports.

For testing I use often cmd like this batch:
goJavaCandRun8.bat HelloWorld
echo off
set fileName=%1
echo das java program : %fileName%
set JAVAPATH="C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_65\bin"
cd C:\Users\jsail\Desktop\javatest\j8

echo "compile"
%JAVAPATH%\javac.exe -cp ".;pdfbox-app-2.0.3.jar"

echo "run"
%JAVAPATH%\java -cp ".;pdfbox-app-2.0.3.jar" %fileName%

echo open
cmd /c %fileName%.pdf /e

echo %fileName%

But on '' and '' throws the error: main class not found. (Fehler: Hauptklasse HelloWorld konnte nicht gefunden oder geladen werden)

This doesn't work due to the line "package org.apache.pdfbox.examples.pdmodel;" in the source. Remove it and it works.

The compiling seems to be ok

I tried also to run it on my IntelliJ IDEA (Community Version), but there this error occured: Error:(30, 34) java: package org.apache.commons.logging does not exist (Error on pdfBox 2.0.3)

Then get it and add it, or use the pdfbox-app-2.0.3.jar instead.

Error:(20, 23) java: package junit.framework does not exist (Error on pdfBox 2.0.2 and 1.8.12) As the folder-structure is not clear for me, I stopped testing on my IntelliJ IDEA...

Do you know, if there is a projekt aviable, where all the examples can be tested?

I can't tell about IntelliJ because I don't use it. The "examples" subproject in the source download is one project of its own, it works fine in Netbeans. To start a specific example, you'd either have to chose it as main and set up parameter(s), or (what I do), I just add code at the beginning like this at the beginning

args   = new String[]{"C:\\SOMEPATH\\filename.pdf","another argument"};

and then right mouse key, "run". Maybe intelliJ has something similar.

Alternatively set up a new project, and add the pdfbox-app-2.0.3.jar file as library to the project, that should work as well. If it doesn't, then your IDE sucks.

Thank you for your patience

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: