Well, fools rush in where angels fear to tread... assuming my project manager
thinks we should.

I see now. I was looking in the wrong place. It's this piece I need to focus on:

AP: (1)
-<> N: (7) [47 0 R] /T:XObject /S:Form
    +[]BBox: (4)
    84 FormType: 1
    +[]Matrix: (6)
    +<>Resources: (2)
     / Subtype: Form
     / Type: Xobject

Here's an image showing the two files in PDFDebugger side by side:

http://aapro.net/PDF/Image1.jpg

In case anyone else wants to make sense of this... that file may not be there
in a few months though.

Gary