Hi, everyone,

I am using PDFBox 2.0.8 and java 8 running in tomcat 8 for production to
convert pdf into image for display. it works very well for pdf file size less
than 5 M, it takes about 3800 milliseconds. however, it slows down very much
when the file size is increased to 50 M. it takes about 70,000 milliseconds,
after setting system property of sun.java2d.cmm",
"sun.java2d.cmm.kcms.KcmsServiceProvider", it does increase the performance to
32550 milliseconds, which almost double the speed. but for 32 seconds to load a
web page still too slow. Is there any other way to speed up the performance?
would adding a GPU into the server help the performance? or any other software
or hardware solution could help on the processing speed? My current server come
with 32 G RAM, and the server never used more than half of it.

thanks,

Arthur