On 03/03/2015 01:50 AM, Andrew Stitcher wrote:
On Mon, 2015-03-02 at 18:41 +0000, Gordon Sim wrote:
In fact the c++ broker doesn't use an AMQP 1.0 style layer for SSL at
all - i.e. it does not recognise the special AMQP 1.0 TLS header sent in
the clear prior to TLS handshaking as described in 5.2 of the AMQP spec.
The qpid::messaging c++ client doesn't send one either. Both use the
'alternative establishment' as described by 5.2.1 (though for a
different reason than the one suggested there). So yet another point of
possible interoperability issues.

FYI: Currently Proton-C does not support the "AMQP 1.0" style SSL header
either to send or receive (they are recognised for error message
purposes currently)

Thanks for the clarification! I was planning to investigate that, since I knew that ssl 'works' between proton-c and qpidd.

- this is a piece of work I have scheduled post the
SASL integration.

We probably want to retain some way of using the 'alternative establishment' as well, in order to not lose interop.