I'd like to call this out more specifically following discussion in a
couple of recent threads, to ensure folks are clear on things before
they proceed. If not, shout.

Following completion of the 0.16.0 release, I will look to proceed
with making proton-j and proton-c (+bindings) more independent to
allow them to each be released individually and more easily differ
where appropriate in order to best serve users needs. As part of this
I will look to:

- Have infra create a separate repository for proton-j, likely "qpid-proton-j".
- Remove Messenger from proton-j.

On the former, I think just cloning the existing repo and trimming
things to leave the bits of interest is probably the easiest way to
go, with a reverse trim happening for the existing repository. Any
other thoughts on that?

On the latter, I still need to look at the overall impact, since some
of the python tests do use Messenger and I believe not always to test
Messenger-specific things. If there are tests using messenger that are
of obvious interest which can't quickly be replaced, then I would move
the messenger impl to just being part of the tests to at the very
least remove it from the main component until they can be replaced.
I'd look to keep as many of the non-messenger tests as we can
initially, replacing them over time where appropriate.

We should start by marking proton-j messenger as deprecated in 0.16.0,
I will do that shortly. The rest will begin after 0.16.0 is complete.

Robbie