I have HA setup for our qpid-broker-j-7.0.0 Development environment.  The
setup is this:
- 2 Windows 2012R2 servers
- on one Windows server I have 1 qpid-broker-j-7.0.0 instance
- on the other Windows server I have 2 qpid-broker-j-7.0.0 instances
(listening on different ports)
- all qpid-broker-j-7.0.0 instances are using jdk-8u162-windows-x64

To test failover I simply stop the ACTIVE Virtual Host Node.  Failover is
always solid (always works successfully).  However, it is now consistently
taking around 1 minute and 45 seconds to failover to another Virtual Host
Node - takes that long for another Node to become ACTIVE and actually start
processing client requests.  When I first starting testing this it was
taking around 45 seconds.

I do have 33 durable queues defined (about half are dead letter queues).
We will actually have more queues in our Test and Production environments.

Is that amount of time normal?  It seems pretty long.  During that time if a
client is trying to publish a message it is blocked until failover completes
so if the client request is coming from an end user's action from an
application's user interface the end user is just stuck sitting there
waiting for almost 2 minutes.  We're trying to move away from ActiveMQ to
this Apache message broker and ActiveMQ failover (we are using Master/Slave
with a SAN for shared storage) is much much quicker than broker-j.

Also, I've noticed on the Windows server that I have the 2 broker-j
instances running that the 1st instance never becomes the ACTIVE Node in the
group unless I give it a higher priority than the other Nodes or I start it
up first before the other 2 broker instances are started.