De : Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Envoyé : mercredi 14 mars 2018 11:02
À : users@qpid.apache.org
Objet : Re: Qpid JMS 0.30.0 or Qpid Proton-J 0.26.0 to point-to-point message
exchange?

On 14/03/18 08:40, Cyril Micoud wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> We are working with Qpid to set up interoperability between 2 systems,
> one in Java, the other in C ++.
>
> On the C ++ side, we use Qpid Proton 0.17.0 (not the last update due
> to system constraints) to use the AMQP 1.0 standard.
>
> In Java, we started on Qpid JMS 0.30.0 for the simplicity of JMS and
> compatibility with 1.0 of AMQP.
>
> In the nominal case, we use a Broker, but we also need point-to-point
> access to transfer information from one system to another such as the
> broker's address and the queues on which we can exchange.
>
> However, connection and exchange with the broker is simple to
> configure, but the point to point in JMS seems compromised (or so we
> have not yet find the right documentation).
>
> We are considering the use of Qpid Proton-J 0.26.0 but again, we do
> not find much example of implementation ...
>
> What is the best way to use both communication broker and point-to-point?
>
> Anybody can provide us a quick sample of Proton-J usage with and
> without broker? or a JMS sample to point-to-point usage?

If by point-to-point you mean one system connects to the other directly, then
the first thing is to decide which direction that connection happens in. The
JMS client, as far as I know, does not let you accept incoming connections.
Therefore it would be easier to have the c++ part open a listener on a
particular port, and have the JMS client simply connect to that as if it were a
broker. That does mean there is some extra stuff the c++ side needs to do to
correctly handle the direct connections. You can have a look at the broker
example to get some
ideas:
https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid-proton/repo?p=qpid-proton.git;a=blob;f=examples/cpp/broker.cpp;h=f48fb376f65dbeeed9fae71092168de732b19356;hb=HEAD

However, one other thing to consider, is to use the dispatch router between the
systems. This way the two systems connect out, as if to a broker, but can send
each other messages that are acknowledged end-to-end with no store-and-forward
between them. You can also have the links propagated if you need to. I think it
often makes the overall system simpler. It depends of course on the reasons and
detailed use cases for the point-to-point communication channel.