I add Vijay since he has been working with this.

On Tue, Aug 15, 2023 at 9:27 AM Brett Sterling <brett.sterl...@odysseysr.com>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> My goal is to integrate networking into our RTEMS solution, so I started
> here: https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/legacy-networking/index.html.
>
> But, as soon as I had started, I hit a failure.  I tried the 'quick start'
> (https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/legacy-networking/quick_start.html),
> but regardless of which way I tried to build, the build failed.

Please post about that. This shouldn't happen.

And Vijay has recent experience testing the legacy stack.

> Based on the failure of the 'quick-start' for the RTEMS "Hello World"
> example coupled with this failure, I'm starting to consider moving back to
> an older RTEMS version (I've seen networking information for both RTEMS 4 &
> 5), but first wanted to reach out to the user community to get input.

Let's see how this failed.

> Optimally, I would like to find an RTEMS example (any version) *WITH
> NETWORKING* that runs on either an RTEMS simulator, or on a commercially
> available development board so that I can see networking working and then
> evolve it into my system.

Do you really want the legacy stack or just a network stack?