I used RSB 5.3 to build RTEMS 5.3 for Raspberry Pi Zero W.

(At least I think I did. Untested yet.)

Several questions arise.

The sample applications are huge sizes. MINIMAL.EXE is 2.3 MB. HELLO.EXE is
about 3.5 MB. I assume these are not stripped.

1. Do these samples also include the RTEMS kernel inside them?

2. Is it possible to just compile the kernel for its command line shell?

My objective would be to add other CLI tools such as Gnu Smalltalk and RPM.

3. NOOBS (New Out Of Box Software) to bootup was discontinued by Raspberry Pi
Foundation. They switched to RPi Imager. RTEMS for RPi instructions are for
NOOBS. Should I stay with NOOBS?