I haven't used the dynamic linker yet, so I don't know how it works.
So maybe other users might know (please keep the mailinglist in the
conversation).

> Single-process address space is acceptable for a Smalltalk virtual machine
> environment as my primary application.  I was wondering if DL allows loading
> secondary applications - such as RPM.
>
> (I think earlier MS Windows/DOS was not multi-process either. Just a Round-
> Robin scheduler, not Real-Time. I figured RTEMS was comparable to
> Windows CE, but better.)

That I don't know either. I haven’t worked with Windows CE. Just be aware that
library support is quite limited with RTEMS.
If RPM and Smalltalk have no external dependencies you might have a chance.
You need to manage to build them both for your target with the RTEMS
cross-compiler, though.

Cheers,

    Jan