How are people managing this from day to day right now? From reading the
instructions it probably goes something like this:

a)      Someone needs a new box

b)      Admin guy takes about a good 10 - 15 mins trying to remember the
commands, probably stumbles around a bit

c)       Admin guy tries to iron out the problems because of missed steps or
misspellings

I was thinking of programming it all in asp.net running (in apache since I'm
guessing most linux distros can install that without an x desktop. I can
somewhat easily convert vb.net -> c# and use the stuff I'm used to. I've
written console apps before as well in windows that run in linux using mono.

You guys can help start making a list of all the commands you guys use on a
regular basis, or to change settings etc...
After that, anyone can write a front end without having to know what's in the
back end like postfix/cyrus. I can make android and windows app ones, I hate
writing web apps though so I'll leave that to someone else. The android one
interests me because I get most of my annoying support calls in the mornings
and I don't really want to get out of bed for some email problem when I can go
right back to sleep.

-K