After further investigation, here’s the exact scoop.

Since we run our SOGo server internally, there is a default IE10 setting that
(for whatever silly reason) automatically sets all intranet sites to use
Compatibility View.

I disabled this feature by opening up Group Policy Management MMC and changing
the following:

User Configuration -> Admin Templates -> Windows Components -> Internet
Explorer -> Compatibility View -> Turn on Internet Explorer Standards Mode for
local intranet -> Enabled

By setting this, a simple logoff (for a domain user) and the issue is resolved.

Of course, for non-domain users (or domain users that are not managed by GPO),
you may simply disable that setting within the Compatibility View Settings.

Thanks again!
~Laz