Chris,

Am 26.01.2016 um 20:46 Uhr schrieb Chris:
why have you chosen SOGo? I'm looking for a groupware. SOGo is so far my
favorite, but there are some other (also free) alternatives. Which
programs have you tested? What were advantages / disadvantages?
as said by others:
- great integration in Thunderbird (hope this will stay with us …)
- integration in our existing infrastructure
  -- stay with your IMAP server (other than Zarafa)
  -- stay with your SMTP server
  -- only little change in our LDAP objects was needed

Documentation is far better than i.e. at openXchange, where we were not able to install and integrate a test server in our environment.

With Thunderbird as our mail client for Linux and Windows new users only need to type mail address and passwort - thanks to automx! - restart Thunderd and type password for SOGo again and they are ready to use mail and calendar.

Integrating SOGo with SOGoSync and an MDM is on the list.

Marc