Hello

Am 09.12.19 um 10:35 schrieb John Stirling (j...@johnstirling.co.uk):
> [...]
> BEGIN:VCALENDAR
>
> PRODID:-//Mozilla.org/NONSGML Mozilla Calendar V1.1//EN
> VERSION:2.0
> BEGIN:VEVENT
> CREATED:20191203T173909Z
> LAST-MODIFIED:20191206T144043Z
> DTSTAMP:20191206T132229Z
> UID:97d0e002-4dc9-4a27-be06-4ef3f94b2b20
> SUMMARY:test
> DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20191207
> DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20191208
> CLASS:PUBLIC
> TRANSP:TRANSPARENT
> SEQUENCE:3
> X-MOZ-GENERATION:4
> END:VEVENT
> END:VCALENDAR
>
>> One event created from SOGo Webfrontend which is not displayed as all
>> day event in Thunderbird.
> If the event is created within the SOGo Webfrontend it is displayed correctly
> within thunderbird and SOGo.  If the event is then edited within Thunderbird
> or
> a new event is created within Thunderbird then the event no long displays
> correctly in either SOGo or Thunderbird.
>> And one event created in Thunderbird, which is not displayed in SOGo
>> webfrontend as all day.
>
> BEGIN:VCALENDAR
> PRODID:-//Mozilla.org/NONSGML Mozilla Calendar V1.1//EN
> VERSION:2.0
> BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
> TZID:Europe/London
> LAST-MODIFIED:20191023T183904Z
> X-LIC-LOCATION:Europe/London
> BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
> TZNAME:BST
> TZOFFSETFROM:+0000
> TZOFFSETTO:+0100
> DTSTART:19700329T010000
> RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYMONTH=3;BYDAY=-1SU
> END:DAYLIGHT
> BEGIN:STANDARD
> TZNAME:GMT
> TZOFFSETFROM:+0100
> TZOFFSETTO:+0000
> DTSTART:19701025T020000
> RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYMONTH=10;BYDAY=-1SU
> END:STANDARD
> END:VTIMEZONE
> BEGIN:VEVENT
> CREATED:20191203T173909Z
> LAST-MODIFIED:20191206T132229Z
> DTSTAMP:20191206T132229Z
> UID:97d0e002-4dc9-4a27-be06-4ef3f94b2b20
> SUMMARY:test
> DTSTART;TZID=Europe/London:20191207T000000
> DTEND;TZID=Europe/London:20191208T000000
> CLASS:PUBLIC
> TRANSP:TRANSPARENT
> SEQUENCE:3
> X-MOZ-GENERATION:4
> END:VEVENT
> END:VCALENDAR
>
> This is an iRedmail installation of SOGo, updated through Ubuntu apt upgrade.
>
> We do not have any outlook clients currently.  We use android with webdav and
> imap, and have a few iPhones which connect using whatever dark arts apple use
> -
> so I don't think so, but I don't actually know.
>
> Timezone in Thunderbird is Europe/London
>
> SOGoTimeZone in sogo.conf is "Europe/London"

Hmmmh...
Those are both generated in Thunderbird/Lightning:
PRODID:-//Mozilla.org/NONSGML Mozilla Calendar V1.1//EN

The first event misses a Z character at the end in DTSTART and DTEND in
the event definition.
currently is:
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20191207
DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20191208

should be:
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20191207Z
DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20191208Z

Without that Z (which means Zulu, which in turn means timezone UTC) that
event is in local time per standard, as no time zone is set at all.
So this event has a false time zone set ("Europe/London" from sogo.conf).
With that this event will not start and end at 00:00:00 UTC, but at
00:00:00 of the set local timezone.
SOGo only accepts events in UTC as all day events.

The second event has a time zone set in the event, but in that timezone
definition it also has not set the Z character in DAYLIGHT and STANDARD
for DTSTART.
This is definitely a bug in Thunderbird/Lightning.
If I understand the RFC correctly, it always has to be Zulu timezone in
timezone definitions.
But as the set timezone is not UTC, even if that bug is corrected, this
event will always be displayed as 24 hour event, not as all day in SOGo.

Kind regards,
Christian Mack

--
Christian Mack