Hi,

On 10/12/2019 08:56, Christian Mack (christian.m...@uni-konstanz.de) wrote:
Hello

Am 09.12.19 um 10:35 schrieb John Stirling (j...@johnstirling.co.uk):
Hi Christian,

Thank you for replying

On 05/12/2019 08:39, Christian Mack (christian.m...@uni-konstanz.de) wrote:
Hello

Am 28.11.19 um 18:56 schrieb John Stirling (j...@johnstirling.co.uk):
Hi guys,

I could really use some advice please.

I'm using sogo 4.1.1 (@shiva2.inverse 201911280300) on Ubuntu 18.04.4
with a mixed environment of Mozilla Thunderbird versions from 68 or so
through to 71, and some phones, apple and android. We aren't a big site,
12 users, with maybe 8 phones connected.

Today following an update to the server (Ubuntu standard update), and an
increase to WOWorkersCount and PREFORK all day events have started
behaving oddly (I don't thing it can be the config change, but since
it's a change I'm mentioning it

The behaviour is that instead of showing at the top of the calendar in
Thunderbird, they now get treated as 24 hour events. This is a
significant issue for us as there are a lot of shared diaries, and we
use all day events quite a bit.  The web version of SOGo works fine.

It's odd as it seems to be applying to all versions of Thunderbird, but
there have been no updates to Thunderbird, so it appears to be how SOGo
is treating all day requests as standard from Thunderbird.  When these
events are opened in SOGo web interface they do not register as all day
events.

Thanks

John

Do you use ActiveSync?

Which timezones have you set on Thunderbird clients and sogo.conf and
user settings?

Please give an example in raw form.
BEGIN:VCALENDAR

PRODID:-//Mozilla.org/NONSGML Mozilla Calendar V1.1//EN
VERSION:2.0
BEGIN:VEVENT
CREATED:20191203T173909Z
LAST-MODIFIED:20191206T144043Z
DTSTAMP:20191206T132229Z
UID:97d0e002-4dc9-4a27-be06-4ef3f94b2b20
SUMMARY:test
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20191207
DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20191208
CLASS:PUBLIC
TRANSP:TRANSPARENT
SEQUENCE:3
X-MOZ-GENERATION:4
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

One event created from SOGo Webfrontend which is not displayed as all
day event in Thunderbird.
If the event is created within the SOGo Webfrontend it is displayed correctly
within thunderbird and SOGo.  If the event is then edited within Thunderbird or
a new event is created within Thunderbird then the event no long displays
correctly in either SOGo or Thunderbird.
And one event created in Thunderbird, which is not displayed in SOGo
webfrontend as all day.
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
PRODID:-//Mozilla.org/NONSGML Mozilla Calendar V1.1//EN
VERSION:2.0
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:Europe/London
LAST-MODIFIED:20191023T183904Z
X-LIC-LOCATION:Europe/London
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
TZNAME:BST
TZOFFSETFROM:+0000
TZOFFSETTO:+0100
DTSTART:19700329T010000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYMONTH=3;BYDAY=-1SU
END:DAYLIGHT
BEGIN:STANDARD
TZNAME:GMT
TZOFFSETFROM:+0100
TZOFFSETTO:+0000
DTSTART:19701025T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYMONTH=10;BYDAY=-1SU
END:STANDARD
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
CREATED:20191203T173909Z
LAST-MODIFIED:20191206T132229Z
DTSTAMP:20191206T132229Z
UID:97d0e002-4dc9-4a27-be06-4ef3f94b2b20
SUMMARY:test
DTSTART;TZID=Europe/London:20191207T000000
DTEND;TZID=Europe/London:20191208T000000
CLASS:PUBLIC
TRANSP:TRANSPARENT
SEQUENCE:3
X-MOZ-GENERATION:4
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

This is an iRedmail installation of SOGo, updated through Ubuntu apt upgrade.
We do not have any outlook clients currently.  We use android with webdav and
imap, and have a few iPhones which connect using whatever dark arts apple use -
so I don't think so, but I don't actually know.

Timezone in Thunderbird is Europe/London

SOGoTimeZone in sogo.conf is "Europe/London"

Many thanks

John Stirling

Hmmmh...
Those are both generated in Thunderbird/Lightning:
PRODID:-//Mozilla.org/NONSGML Mozilla Calendar V1.1//EN

The first event misses a Z character at the end in DTSTART and DTEND in
the event definition.
currently is:
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20191207
DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20191208

should be:
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20191207Z
DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20191208Z

Without that Z (which means Zulu, which in turn means timezone UTC) that
event is in local time per standard, as no time zone is set at all.
So this event has a false time zone set ("Europe/London" from sogo.conf).
With that this event will not start and end at 00:00:00 UTC, but at
00:00:00 of the set local timezone.
SOGo only accepts events in UTC as all day events.

The second event has a time zone set in the event, but in that timezone
definition it also has not set the Z character in DAYLIGHT and STANDARD
for DTSTART.
This is definitely a bug in Thunderbird/Lightning.
So should I report as a bug to the lightning development team?  Any idea why this suddenly started manifesting after an update to SOGo, on several different versions of thunderbird, without thunderbird being updated?  Presumably SOGo had a workaround for the bug within its code which has been removed in an update?
If I understand the RFC correctly, it always has to be Zulu timezone in
timezone definitions.
But as the set timezone is not UTC, even if that bug is corrected, this
event will always be displayed as 24 hour event, not as all day in SOGo.

Thank you & best regards,

John Stirling