On 2018-02-10 (00:01 MST), Rupert Gallagher <r...@protonmail.com> wrote:

> The RFC should be amended. If not, we still reject on common sense. Our mail,
> our rules.

My rule is that I do everything I can to reject mail. I look at the IPs,
headers, Subject, and content. I look for suspicious attachments, dangerous
attachment types, and scan for the millions of Windows viruses. I compare the
message to other messages and if at all possible I do not accept the mail. In
fact, my main job is trying to come up with new and innovative and effective
ways to reject even more mail. I'm up to about 97% rejection rate now.

However, once I accept the mail, it is delivered to the recipient, no matter
what.

Now, it might be delivered to a "Probably spam" folder, and that folder may
expire mail after a week or so, but it is *delivered* and the recipient has the
opportunity to reclassify that mail as being "ham".

--
I mistook thee for thy better Hamlet Act III scene 4