On Tue, 17 Apr 2018, Computer Bob wrote:

In this way, any user can move a mail to their .SpamLearn folder and it will get learned.

It is a very bad idea to do that without review unless you *strongly* trust the judgement and responsibility of your users.

Allowing training without review may be suitable for a small subset of trusted users, but in general, users will classify as spam "anything I don't want" even if it's something they *did* subscribe to from a vendor they *do* have a business relationship with.

The "learn as spam" folder will be treated as an easier alternative to hitting the "unsubscribe" link in emails, in part because we've been training users to *not* click on unsubscribe links in emails from businesses they don't have any legitimate interaction with, and all they hear is the "don't click on unsubscribe links" part - the other part requires actual *judgement*.

Also: for performance reasons you really should relocate those messages once they've been learned, but do keep those messages permanently as your Bayes training corpus, so that (1) you can review the users' classifications and correct any mistraining, and (2) you can easily rebuild Bayes from scratch if it goes off the rails.

  Our government should bear in mind the fact that the American
  Revolution was touched off by the then-current government
  attempting to confiscate firearms from the people.
 2 days until the 243rd anniversary of The Shot Heard 'Round The World