On Fri, 9 Nov 2018, John Hardin wrote:

On Fri, 9 Nov 2018, Amir Caspi wrote:

I'd be interested to know if there's a performance difference between my two proposed rules. I suspect the second should run (slightly) faster.

It looks that way - only .0001s difference on *some* messages.

Re body vs. rawbody:

I fixed the MIME boundaries and the body version stopped working (as expected), so I added rawbody versions.

I do note that the first version of the rule checked in was a body rule, and it did hit on a bunch of spam... Any speculation as to why?

revisions checked in for side-by-side tests:
Sending        svn/trunk/rulesrc/sandbox/jhardin/20_misc_testing.cf
Transmitting file data .done
Committing transaction...
Committed revision 1846277.

Note the rule name changes - that's temporary, the survivor's name will be cleaned up a bit.

  Campuses today are a theatrical mashup of
  1984 and Lord of the Flies, performed by people
  who don't understand these references.               -- David Burge
 2 days until Veterans Day