I too get a trickle of legitimate mail going to my higher-numbered server. Many are coming from the central university Exchange server. I suspect what happens is that it gets one "try again later" and then caches the address of the secondary for a while.

Spamassassin is *tagging* over 97% of the email received on our higher-numbered server as spam, and that's without the OCR plugin.

(I don't want to play with the scoring on the secondary, because the trickle of legit email *is* important, and it seems like mail from Exchange often picks up a point or so anyway, mostly for  HTML oddities)