Speaking of red herrings ...

No, I do not believe that emailreg is particularly laughing, nor making
numerous trips to any bank.   Yes, barracuda sponsors emailreg - and NOT the
other way around.  As an aside, we have a few company "cuda cars" around here
(saves on rentals) but they're mostly little Scions.  If there was any shred of
truth to the wild speculations about thousands of emailreg signups per day,
there would probably be expensive "EMAILREG" sportscars filling the lot on
meeting days, but the reality is more like they can't even afford their first
Scion.

I'm a recent sign-up to this list - more to learn than to represent - but this
unrestrained wild speculation has gone far beyond the ridiculous.  I might be
able to address some *reasonable* questions about Barracuda and/or emailreg.

The emailreg fee should really be looked upon as a CAPTCHA-like test, and a
rate-limit to abuse.
As the owner of a now-defunct whitelisting attempt from (>10) years ago, I can
state from personal experience that abusers _will_ try.  Paying is NOT the only
way onto the emailreg list, it's just currently the only way to self-nominate.
A portion of my responsibility here at Barracuda is to nominate additional
hosts based on observed performance.  Even before I joined the effort, hundreds
of thousands had been exported in this fashion:
http://www.emailreg.org/index.cgi?p=news&id=3

If someone cares to begin a separate thread here about emailreg, I will attend.

But can we please redirect this thread back to the original _blacklist_
question?

        Bob "O`Bob" O'Brien