On 29/05/09 4:09 PM, "Bob O'Brien" <bobr...@barracuda.com> wrote:

> Neil,
>
> Based on our "Requests for Removal" filed over the past 3+ weeks from
> ReturnPath, the number of IPs that you are claiming to have had issues with
> appears inflated by a factor of nearly 50%.

Bob, I don't want to waste this group's time with your incorrect assertion.
(this is beginning to be VERY off-topic). I have data for each and every IP
you listed and for which I requested a delisting. Happy to follow up with
you offlist.

Indeed, the Barracuda auto-acks only stared coming in May 09, so perhaps the
system was hosed in some manner and it missed recording everything I did
between April 29 and May 08, for which we saw delistings the following days
in any event.

> More importantly, I feel it is irresponsible to oversimplify a cleared listing
> as a "false positive" when speaking of *any* IP reputation system.
>
> Barracuda Reputation does not arbitrarily list hosts.  Messages have passed
> through each host with characteristics indicative of spam.

I suggest Barracuda then work on the verbiage on the site and in the
auto-acks. What you are saying does not jibe with what is indicated
elsewhere. What you are saying ... Makes more sense.

> Those listings
> would only have been cleared because someone contacted the BRBL team and
> requested their clearance - explicitly volunteering /some/ measure of
> responsibility for those hosts going forward.  _Accepting_ your
> possibly-inflated numbers, the 409 IPs otherwise met the criteria for
> clearing, so they were cleared.  Apparently 22 IPs did not, and those were not
> cleared.

Yup. And that's great.

Quick question though: You said that you work for emailreg.org, and have
some limited input into the BRBL, I believe.

It seems to me there is a greater relationship between emailreg.org and
Barracuda than has been stated, given what appears to be intimate knowledge
of my delisting requests. Can you clarify?

Thanks.

--
Neil Schwartzman
Director, Accreditation Security & Standards