mouss wrote:
> - this modifies the body, thus breaking signatures. when mail gets back
> to the same domain (sender and final recipient in same domain), this may
> cause problems. I agree that many lists do break signatures so the
> receiving site should cope with this, but I am not sure they really do.

Signatures ... as in DKIM / DomainKeys?  Or GPG signatures?

> - the code is not trivial because of the MIME structure.

Ah, this may be the case ... I'm unfamiliar with the exact configuration of the
SA lists.  On my own list server I convert everything to plain text to avoid
problems with incompatible mail clients.

>> This is what I do for all the lists I run.  Yes, some people are too dumb to
>> read that far ... but MOST people aren't.
>>

> those who send these "unsubscribe" posts do not really look at the list
> messages when they do.

True enough.  Add to those the people who think the best way to get
unsubscribed from a list is to simply report it as spam.

> I am convinced that an "unsubscribe" option should be implemented in MUAs.

I completely concur.  It's not rocket science.

I *THINK* I saw a tbird add in that implements this kind of functionality, but
it would be better as part of the core.

david

--
IBM i on Power -- For when you can't afford to be out of business.