On 28.07.09 12:12, Res wrote:
> Actually, if he is a connection customer of foobar.com, he should use
> foobar.coms SMTP server as his smarthost, as they will allow their

do you mean "they will only allow" ?

> customers to relay through them, that way most servers will only care
> about mail.foobar.com

If he sends mail with gmail.com address, he should use gmail's SMTP servers
no matter which ISP he's connecting through.

Yes, some ISPs deny connections to port 25, but that's why there's
'submission' service on port 587 where authentication should be required so
any problem with sending spam directly to recipients is avoided.

If his ISP denies connections to port 587, it's crazy.

If his ESP doesn't support for authenticated SMTP on port different than 25,
that's bad.

Even gmail supports authenticated SMTP on port 587.

Quantum mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of.