On Thursday 17 December 2009, Robert Ober wrote:
>hc...@mail.ewind.com wrote:
>> My first home computer was a Godbout S-100 bus system running a dual
>> 8085/8088 CPU board. At that time, the future in operating systems was
>> going to be CP/M 86.
>
>You and Jerry Pournelle :-)

Yeah, but Jerry is relatively new.  I started out reading all of Doc Smiths
stuff as soon as I could read, eagerly awaiting the next issue of whatever SF
rag my uncle was subbed to in the early 40's, when they could find enough
paper to publish it.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Maybe you can't buy happiness, but these days you can certainly charge it.