Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Friday 18 December 2009, Per Jessen wrote:
>>hc...@mail.ewind.com wrote:
>>> re: CP/M
>>>
>>> No S-100 bus systems mentioned yet?
>>>
>>> My first home computer was a Godbout S-100 bus system running a dual
>>> 8085/8088 CPU board. At that time, the future in operating systems
>>> was going to be CP/M 86.
>>
>>I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the ZX80/1 yet.  I've also got a
>>Newbrain stashed away somewhere, manuals, circuit diagrams an' all.
>>
> That's because the z-80 was only slightly less dain bramaged than the
> 6502.

Completely agree, but the ZX80/1 made computers very, very affordable. I
was 15 when I managed to convince my parents that I desperately needed
one of those.  Back in 1981, I think it was about DKK1500, I'm not
sure.  It was a hell of a jump from the RC7000 with teletype and 32k
core memory we had at school.

/Per Jessen, Zürich