Hi,

I've been using the Botnet plugin version 0.8 for some time now, and the
plugin itself has been around since 2003 or so. I'm just curious to test
the waters and see what other's think about the relevance in 2010 of
this plugin. Does it still contribute in positive ways to your setup? I
do not see a newer version of the plugin since 2007, is there a newer
version than 0.8?

Did you do any configuration of it beyond its defaults? Does the
proliferation of individuals on dynamically assigned cable/dsl modems
cause the plugin to misfire too often?

I've had a number of complaints somewhat recently about the last point,
and I don't have much of a solution to the situation where a user is
stuck with the dynamically assigned IP that previously a spammer was
occupying, except to explain that is the situation and eventually it
will change.

thanks for any thoughts or experiences with this plugin!

micah

ps. I notice it is not listed on
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/CustomPlugins and I wonder the
reason why?