Some people need to put in some alternate values for DNS timeouts, but
if you've got a local caching name server, you typically don't need
that.

There aren't any actual bugs in it that I'm aware of, so I haven't
released a new version.  As I see it, there isn't a need (and that is
a somewhat controversial statement with some of the more opinionated
people around here).

I do still see some things that get nailed by it ... but there's lots
of those same hosts that get caught by the Spamhaus PBL.  So, it kind
of depends on what you're doing with PBL and/or Zen, as to whether or
not you need Botnet.   But, there are still plenty of things coming
from that class of hosts, so if you don't use one, I'd definitely
recommend using the other.

John Rudd