On Mon, 29 Mar 2010, Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:
You did read the entire thread, right? :)  There's nothing new about
this. Moreover, this still is a rare occurrence. Note even Charles, who
started this thread, claims to have received *one* such spam. And it
appears to be his first. ;)

Last September the number of spams exceeding 256KB became frequent enough that I bumped up my limit. Now I'm starting to see spams past the new limit (400KB). But when they jump up to 1MB, maybe it's time for a different solution, and maybe regain some of system efficiency by adding the suggested mechanism to SA and only doing significant body scans on messages less than 256KN again.... :)

Now, if this starts to become a more general pattern...

The spams I've seen so far look more 'amateur' than 'pro'. Easily tracable IP's. Blacklistable domains. I'm just throwing my idea into the queue now so that it can be smoothly integrated with a future release. We've got plenty of time, but I suggest not waiting until it becomes a big problem before desperately rushing to fix it.... :)

My 0.02 dollars....

- C