(Subject line changed to remove the 'flag' to developers)

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010, Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:
...... But then again, this is a topic for the dev
list [1] to start a discussion, not here.

Uh, no, I'm not a developer. And the description of that list
specifically says...

    "For those involved in the development effort to discuss their work on
     the project. Unless you are working on a patch to SpamAssassin, this
     is probably not a list you need to use. If you're not already on the
     general users list, you should probably go there first..."

THIS is the list for users to ask questions *and* make suggestions, and has been used this way many times in the past. And the list description of this list says (and personal experience has proven) that developers monitor this list "as time permits".

So with respect, please stop telling people to clutter up a working list with (possibly) dumb ideas. And this one was mine, so I can call it dumb if I want to. I'm thinking it's not, but open to the idea it may be. :)

As a side note, I had not intended to open a discussion, but merely drop my suggestion in the 'suggestion box', but I am glad I posted here, because the discusion among users has clarified the extent of the problem. :)

[1] Also note your very own Subject.

Intended to grab the attention of time-constrained developers, though honestly I am regretting it now, because I don't like having that 'all caps' flag attached to a discussion. I've removed it from this post....

- Charles