> I'm sure it's possible, but rather than going through all the work of
> trying to script and setup chroot environments, why not use VMs?  You
> can then quite literally match the production setup.
>
> Since you are not worried about performance or memory you could give
> each VM 128 MB of RAM and only be using 1 GB or so total...

Dennis,

I had though about that, but the target is a mobile laptop.  Our in house
development we do use VM's for almost everything just for this purpose.

Looking into spamd, I think I will just copy the config folder for each
instance type and then run the daemon via a bash script to create it against 9
local IP's.

I know for things like MySql some people already have some multi-instance
scripts laying around.  Anyway, I think this will suffice for now.

Gary