On 15.6.2010 21:31, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>   OK I thought I knew SA but I have a strange one here that is
> probably due to a configuration directive set wrong, but I don't
> know what it is.
>
> System is running sendmail and SA  3.2.5
>
> mails sent to user e-mail addresses  get checked, and get the
> X-Spam-Status header placed in them.
>
> Mails sent to a e-mail distribution list (ie: sa...@example.com)
> do not get checked.

sa...@example.com is not an email distribution list, it is an email address.

It may be directed to some email distibution list implementation, but
SpamAssassin hardly makes a difference. It's just an email address just
like the rest of them.

--
http://www.iki.fi/jarif/
client, please contact me.

Every why hath a wherefore.
                -- William Shakespeare, "A Comedy of Errors"