dar...@chaosreigns.com wrote:

I see there's a RDNS_NONE rule for when the sending IP address has no DNS
PTR (reverse DNS) record.  But no rule for when that PTR record doesn't
have a matching A (forward DNS) record that matches the sending IP?

Is this something that would be accepted into spamassassin if I created a
module?  Or a feature that would be added if I didn't do it?

There are legit mail servers with bad DNS.  Not the big ISPs or hosting
companies, but small businesses and nonprofits sometimes get this wrong,
and in a few countries nonmatching records seem to be routine.  We've
considered blocking for it, but we'd end up doing a lot of whitelisting
and interfering with mail that our users want.

It's worth scoring for, and RDNS_NONE already matches this case.

Joseph Brennan
Lead Email Systems Engineer